The Asian American Psychological Association Announces The Stephen C. Rose Scholarship for Psychology Research on Asian American Youth
The AAPA is proud to offer The Stephen C. Rose Scholarship for Psychology Research on Asian American Youth. Established by The Steve Fund, this scholarship is in memory of Stephen C. Rose whose passions included psychology, in which he attained a graduate degree. It seeks to encourage and promote research on psychological challenges confronting Asian American youth. This is an area of study which needs greater attention, particularly given the impact of societal issues such as racism, which have a negative effect on the mental health of Asian American youth.
The Steve Fund has established this award in recognition of the inspiration Stephen gave to all of those who knew him. Stephen was a young African American man who lived life with courage, determination, and compassion. He cared deeply about the well-being of others, therefore this fund was created by his family and friends to promote the mental and emotional well-being of young people of color.
Award: $1,000 plus travel stipend to present the award at the annual convention Oct. 6 – 8 in Las Vegas, Nevada.
Criteria: Graduate or Undergraduate student members of AAPA may apply.
Application Deadline: June 18, 2017
- Must be a current student member of Asian American Psychological Association
- Submit a 500-word abstract of proposed research focused on the mental and emotional health of Asian American students on college campuses;
- Submit a 500-word personal statement that provides an overview and background of experience and interest in the research topic, and background information in terms of where you are in your studies.
- The recipient of this award will be expected to present the results of their work at an upcoming AAPA convention.
A completed Application Package must consist of:
- Scholarship application (visit www.aapaonline.org for application)
- Personal statement
- Research summary/abstract
- 1 page Letter of Support from Research Advisor/ Sponsor
- Unofficial copy of most recent transcript
For additional information, contact AAPA at firstname.lastname@example.org.