How you can volunteer for the Steve Fund
Thank you for being a part of our community! This July for Minority Mental Health Month, we encourage you to get involved in raising awareness and promoting the emotional well-being of students of color. Check out this list for volunteer ideas:
- Help us build our Steve Fund network by sending us information on mental health practitioners and organizations working to support young people of color in your community!
- Submit a brief paragraph via https://www.stevefund.org/contact/ highlighting local organizations, counselors, activists, or therapists committed to promoting the mental health of young people of color to be featured on our Facebook and Instagram (@TheSteveFund).
- Volunteer as a Crisis Counselor with Crisis Text Line https://www.stevefund.org/crisistextline/
- Encourage young people of color in your networks to apply for the Steve Fund’s Youth Advisory Board! https://www.stevefund.org/youth-advisory-board/
- Participate in our Minority Mental Health Month Twitter Chat on July 26th from 12-3 PM ET using the hashtags #askaboutsteve and #minoritymentalhealth
- Share the Steve Fund Facebook page with 10 friends
- Join the 7 Cups of Tea Young People of Color support group, sponsored by The Steve Fund as a trained active listener: https://www.7cups.com/home/poc/
Continue to email us with your programming ideas, suggestions, and topics you want to learn more about! We love hearing your feedback and it is essential to keep this organization growing in a direction that best serves young people of color across the country. https://www.stevefund.org/contact/