In crisis? Text STEVE to 741741.
The Steve Fund has created a special keyword, STEVE, that young people of color can text to 741741 to connect with a trained crisis counselor 24/7. The Fund views text messaging as a key component of its strategy towards addressing the unmet mental health needs of college and university students of color. Through its partnership with the Crisis Text Line, the Fund promotes text messaging as a means to improve the critically needed access for young people of color to crisis counseling.
What you can do
- If you are a young person of color who is feeling stressed, depressed, or anxious, please know you can text STEVE to 741741 to connect with a trained crisis counselor 24/7.
- If you know young persons of color who are feeling stressed, depressed, or anxious, please let them know they can text STEVE to 741741 to connect with a trained crisis counselor 24/7.
- You can also help us by distributing a flyer we have created for this partnership. You can download it in different formats. It would also be helpful if you could link to this page (www.stevefund.org/crisistextline) on Facebook and Twitter (please click the social media icons below).
- You can also apply to become a STEVE Crisis Text Line Counselor yourself. Click here to learn more.
If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Download the flyer:
- Download in PDF format (letter-sized, for printing and posting on walls, bulletin boards)
- Download in JPG format (for using in Snapchat, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.)