Media Advisory: The Steve Fund and Kaiser Permanente Host Summit Addressing Mental Health Needs of Community College Students
On December 5, 2018, in Oakland, California, The Steve Fund and Kaiser Permanente are proactively addressing the mental health needs of community college students by convening a working group of community college leaders, investors, social innovators, and mental health experts to develop real-time, real-world technological solutions for community college students, with a particular focus on students of color.
The Steve Fund is the nation’s only nonprofit organization focused on promoting the mental health and emotional well-being of college and university students of color. It works with colleges and universities, students, non-profit organizations, researchers, practitioners, and with groups serving diverse populations. For more information on the Steve Fund, please visit: https://www.stevefund.org.
What: Mental Health and Well-Being by Design Summit
When: Wednesday, December 5, 2018, 12:00-pm – 6:00 pm PST
Where: Hilton Oakland Airport, One Hegenberger Road Oakland, CA 94621
- Dr. Byron Clift Breland, Chancellor, San Jose Evergreen Community College District, National Advisory Board Member, The Steve Fund
- Dr. Bechara Choucair, Senior Vice President and Chief Communication Health Officer, Kaiser Permanente
- Dr. Annelle Primm, Senior Medical Advisor, The Steve Fund
- Molly Harden, email@example.com, (202)-297-9678, The Steve Fund
- Anuja Khemka, firstname.lastname@example.org, (917)-690-5282, The Steve Fund
- Sara Vinson, email@example.com, (510)-368-8674, Kaiser Permanente
- Carolyn Pruitt, firstname.lastname@example.org, (512)-484-7180, The Raben Group
Steve Fund and Kaiser Permanente representatives and mental health experts can be available for interviews before, during, and after the summit.