The Association of Black Psychologists Announces The Stephen C. Rose Scholarship for Psychology Research on African American Youth
The Association of Black Psychologists is proud to offer The Stephen C. Rose Scholarship for Psychology Research on African American Youth. Established by The Steve Fund, this scholarship is in memory of Stephen C. Rose whose passions included psychology, in which he attained a graduate degree. It seeks to encourage and promote research on psychological challenges confronting African American youth. This is an area of study which needs greater attention, particularly given the impact of societal issues such as racism, which have a negative effect on the mental health of African American youth.
The Steve Fund has established this award in recognition of the inspiration Stephen gave to all of those who knew him. Stephen was a young African American man who lived life with courage, determination, and compassion. He cared deeply about the well-being of others, therefore this fund was created by his family and friends to promote the mental and emotional well-being of young people of color.
Award: $1,000 plus travel stipend to present research at the 2018 ABPsi Convention June 27-July 1st in Houston, Texas.
Criteria: Graduate or Undergraduate student members of ABPsi may apply.
Application Deadline: April 13, 2018
- Must be a current national member of The Association of Black Psychologists;
- Submit a summary/abstract of ongoing or proposed research focused on the mental and emotional health of African American students on college campuses;
- Submit a Personal Statement that provides an overview and background of experience and interest in the research topic, and background information in terms of where you are in your studies. The statement must also specify if this is proposed or ongoing research;
- The recipient of this award will be expected to present the results of their work at an ABPsi Annual International Convention;
- More consideration will be given to ongoing research on this topic.
A completed Application Package must consist of:
- Scholarship application (visit www.abpsi.org for application)
- Personal statement
- Research summary/abstract
- Copy of most recent semester’s transcript
For additional information, contact The ABPsi National Office at 301-449-3082 or email@example.com.